This is a place that defines what the Caribbean should be. With the quiet beach in a far away place from crowds. Lance Aux Epines is our dream vacation spot. Tim was very helpful to get us situated in the Kestrel apartment with it's nicely appointed kitchen, huge dining room and living room and two very nice bedrooms. We felt right at home and spent a lot of time here reading and relaxing. Outside, the grounds are immaculately kept with a few covered areas to lie out and read. Lance Aux Epines has one of the best beaches in Grenada with kayaks and even a sailboat for use. We tried the kayaks for a few hours and had fun with a workout. The pool was great as it is the Caribbean. You cannot beat that! The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a BBQ on one night and we sat with them and talked about everything including a fundraiser they were very proud of. We also spent time in the game room playing pool, Foosball and watching TV. The rooms do not have televison and that is as it should be. We understand they tried TVs once but the noise was a problem for the guests since the screened windows remain open.
Meals were the most fun. We walked everywhere, mostly to the Prickly Bay Marina and watched the owner build a band pavilion in the few days we were there. It was nice to watch as we had very nice meals there along with "Prickly" the resident cat.
A hike in the other direction for dinner was the Red Crab restaurant. A little more pricey but well worth it.
One day we decided to hike what we thought was a kilometer away. It turned out to be 8 kilometers since we misread the map. as we hiked in the hot sun, we jokingly referred to it as the "Butan Death March" and enjoyed the adventure walk. Sometimes, the trip is as much fun as the destination. After a little more than an hour, we ended up at the True Blue Bay Restaurant, near St. Georges University. Great food and nice folks as well.
- Also Known As:
- Lance Aux Epines Cottages Hotel St. George`s
- Lance Aux Epines Cottages Hotel
- Lance Aux Epines Hotel
- Lance Aux Epines Resort
- Lance Aux Epines Cottages Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully equipped cottages and apartments on a peaceful tree-shaded beach. Maid/laundry service included so that you can relax! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Lance Aux Epines Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.