True Blue is a very nice resort - the bar area is fantastic with great a view and nice sea breezes. The restaurant food is also very good - both in terms of range and quality. The staff are very helpful and friendly, too. Good 'beach pool' - although it could have been cleaned/skimmed for detritus a little more regularly.
The only aspect that didn't really live up to expectations was the room. The first room we were given was fine but there were no cushions on either the wooden chairs in the room nor for the wooden sun loungers on the balcony. Despite all the photos on the website showing curtains on the four-poster bed, we certainly didn't have any - and again no sign of any of the attractive soft furnishings. This all made it feel a bit on the bleak side and wasn't very comfortable for sitting around in (or out on the balcony). That aside, the real shock came at about 5am on our fouth day, when the water pipe to the toilet blew its connection and fired water everywhere whilst we were alseep in bed. We had to grad all our stuff as water was going everywhere - and I mean that - the pressure sent a jet of water right across the room. There was the added danger of electrocution as there were multple socket cables lying on the floor (the room had not got enough sockets so they were used for the lamp and TV). Fortunately we got out before water made contact with this live cable.
We were shown to another room - no view and really poor airconditioning that was very noisy. This was not a good alternbative so we complained. We had to wait aroungd for the manager to arrive - and were then given a upgade to a much better room (although again little things weren't fixed such as a broken light and there was no handle on one of the kitchenette cabinets). It's also a pity the balcony only had one sun lounger - too small to share so it meant only one person could lie on it whilst the other person had to bring out a dining chair!
Beyond a spoken apology, there was no recognition of the hassle we'd been caused. Bearing in mind the owners were frequently about, maybe some kind of acknowledgement would have been nice?
Ironically, we ended up staying a night at Spice Island Beach resort (thanks to BA cancelling our flight) and whilst it's clearly in a very different league, the attention to detail really showed that True Blue have still got some way to go in getting things perfect!
Overall, we had a good time - and the dive company (Aquanauts) are definately worth using - but not sure we'll rush back.
- Also Known As:
- True Blue Bay Boutique Hotel
- True Blue Bay Boutique Hotel St. George`s
- True Blue Bay Hotel Marina
- True Blue Bay St Georges
- True Blue Bay Boutique Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True Blue Bay Resort, Grenada Friendly and homelike this colorful and delightful Boutique Resort reflects the life style of the beautiful island of Grenada and its community. Set among tropical gardens sloping down to the sparkling blue waters of the bay, True Blue offers a charming variety of perfectly appointed rooms suiting every budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your True Blue Bay Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.