I have been at other resorts in Jamaica and had a wonderful and total experience. My experience at the SJG Ochio Rio was not as I expected.
Check In - was extremely long and rooms were not ready even though they were booked months in advance. For example, there was a king size bed for three adults and not the two double beds and cot available as requested.
Food - The Jamaican food was terrible. We were looking forward to experiencing the culture of Jamaica, especially the food.
Entertainment - There wasn't a variety of entertainment for all age group, expecially night life.
Check out - The check out was terrible. It should have been a simple process. The front desk clerk quoted the wrong balance that was due. The front desk clerk was rude and unfriendly. We almost missed our airline flight due to the long check-out process. I am glad that I bought my receipt. The hotel needs a system that will make check-in and check-out short and simple. I wil visit Jamiaca again but not the SJG in Ocho Rios.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande
- Sunset Jamaica Grand
- Jamaica Grande
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.