My husband and I got married at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica. The hotel itself is nice. And the food isn’t bad. Some of our guests had issues with towels which I had warned them about as we read about it on trip advisor. The grounds allows for A LOT of walking so if you are travelling with elders, it's something to keep in mind.
The wedding coordinator met with us and we told her what we wanted, that's all we needed to do right? Well... The wedding coordinator did not provide enough chairs for the ceremony, even though we went through the details twice. She fought with the guests about the lack of chairs rather than just arrange to get a couple more. Luckily we had a lot gentleman in our family and friends of 25. They allowed all the ladies to sit and they stood. The food was horrible. The cake was NOT what we ordered. The deejay gave us attitude when we asked to extend the time past 11pm.That’s just the wedding. When we got back and received our wedding certificate and the information was wrong. We had to re-send the old one and wait while they corrected it and sent it back. This process was energy depleting as we were asked to send information already provided at the wedding etc…
The staff was rude and spoke about the guests in a rude and disrespected manner. My background is Jamaican so I understand the vernacular. They assumed I was American.
I’ve been to various destinations, I'm not very picky and can appreciate that being away from home isn’t the same as being AT home, but for this hotel; the staff and the experience was not one of my favorite and I would not go back nor would I recommend it to my family or friends,
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Otel, Tingo and Fareportal so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.