My wife and I rented the Frangipani #2 villa and found it very spacious, comfortable and furnished with all you may wish: Fully equipped kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge, crockery and cutlery, TV, internet, a barbecue ... you name it.
In particular we liked the spacious patio with the nice splash pool, overlooking a quiet tropical garden.
The villa is located in a gated community and appears very safe and quiet. It's a five minute drive to Rodney Bay with its shops and restaurants, and a 20min. drive to Castries, the busy capital. Other sights and attractions are less than 30min. drive (e.g. Cas-en-Bas beach resort, Smugglers Cove, Rainforest Adventures, Pigeon Island, Marigot Bay).
The staff at Gateway Villas were very friendly and attentive, both before and during our rental. Check-in was easy and straight forward, and during our stay the maids were taking excellent care of us.
Definitely a recommendation for those who prefer an individual place to stay to a busy "all inclusive" hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Gateway Villas Hotel
- Gateway Villas Hotel Gros Islet
- Gateway Villas St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 7 acre of tranquil, prime property is to the north of the island in a hotel residential area called Cap Estate. 5 minutes drive away is Rodney Bay, the real life of the north. Gateway Villas, gatepark hosts studio apartments, one, two and three bedroom villas with plunge pools. A mile long beach is 2 minutes drive away, we offer great deals on villas with jeep specials! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Gateway Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.