This was my second stay after a week on a sailboat. All my siblings and their spouses joined me on this cruise and most of us stayed on to spend a few days at Fort Recovery. Four of us had stayed there previously in January 2010 and six of us January 2012. For all of us, it's the place to stay while in Tortola.
We love that it's a bit secluded, quiet and understated. We all stayed in ground floor cottages (same as last trip), steps from the beach. The views, sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking. Love that there's a full kitchen and eating area in proximity to sitting room to take advantage of the view. Also love how they're decorated (sort of a quirky elegance and very cool island feel). All was spotless, well-tended and well-equipped.
Had dinner there one evening, as we did last visit, and it was beautifully prepared, beautifully served and delicious. Had dinner one evening in cottage with leftover provisions from sailing -needed a couple of items and Douglas and the kitchen staff couldn't have been more accommodating as was all the staff we encountered...always gracious, always pleasant.
We're already planning our trip back.
Thank you again for making this small family reunion memorable beyond words.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa And Suites Hotel
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa Hotel Road Town
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa Hotel
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Fort Recovery Beachfront
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel Tortola/Road Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel is a small, unique hotel located on Tortola, British Virgin Islands and is family owned & operated since 1969. Chosen by Discovery's Travel Channel, Fort Recovery was the only Hotel Selected on Tortola for their exclusive Caribbean showcase. They were also chosen as the Captain's Guide Magazine's "Best Resort," by the Reader's of the Captain's Guide Magazine. All suites are directly on the beach with Cable TV, A/C, free WI-FI, housekeeping, private balcony/patio/deck, living room, kitchen, master bedroom, full bathroom and more. Views are unmatched and completely unobstructed, right on the calm, Caribbean side of Tortola. On site is a full service Spa with professionally trained staff. There is an in-house, private restaurant also serving breakfast and dinner daily. 24/7 on-site management and knowledgeable front desk staff are always there at your service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.