We did a time share exchange for our week at CB. April 17-24, 2012. I saw some of the negative reviews and they were helpful as far as the bugs were. I did bring my own bug spray however I seemed to still get bitten. This being our first trip to CB I was a bit worried about some of the reviews. We stayed in #18 a one bedroom it was up a steep hill, not good for anyone with walking or breathing issues.The food was good at Mahi's. We only had a few dinner meals. Bartenders were great! The beach was fantastic! My husband brought his snorkel gear with him and went snorkeling twice and saw NO fish. Maybe if he had gone with a partner, he could have gone out further around the point. We never used the pool. If your looking for a quiet place to relax, this is the place for you. We bought some things at the local grocery stores for breakf. and had leftovers most time for lunches. Having a kitchenette is nice. We also bought our own cruzan rum and enjoyed drinks in our room or on the porch. Walking around with alcholic beverages anywhere in St. Croix is no problem! We rented a car from "Judi of St Croix". they were excellent to deal with and I would use them again. Having a car we could travel all over the island and we did! We only used maybe half tank of gas. Parking is an issue in Christiansted, be patient and don't leave anything of value in your car! We enjoyed meals at The Rum Runners, The Pickled Greek & Twin City Coffee House. We bought braclets at Sonja LTd. Yes, I did my research prior to our stay! A good resource is " StCroixthisweek.com". Cheneay Beach does need some renovations (paint, varnish, new beach towels, chaise lounges, etc.) but all in all I would go again. It is the carribean and everyone and everything is pretty much layed back. If you've traveled around in the carribean, like us you, would know this and just being on an island can be expensive. Locals were friendly to us.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.