My husband and I stayed at this property for one week at the beginning of January 2012. We had high expectations, given the cost of the vacation and description on the Sandals website.
Perhaps we started off on the wrong foot? When we arrived to the reception at 5:00pm, we were informed our room wasn't ready (check-in is 3:00pm) No problem, we went and had some pizza (excellent, our favourite restaurant) and were finally taken to our room. Unfortunately, we had paid an extra $1000 for an upgraded room, but received a standard room in the Royal Village. The room was very dated, without a balcony or a mini bar. When we brought this issue to the management, we were told the hotel was 'overbooked' and we could not receive the room we paid for. The only thing the resort offered as compensation was a credit for the spa for $250, and promised a candlelit dinner on the beach. I used the spa credit, and enjoyed my experience there, had a great massage and mani-pedi. The weather was not the greatest during our stay, so we were unable to enjoy our dinner on the beach -everytime we tried to book it, we were told it couldn't happen due the weather.
We also found out only one pool was operational due to construction on of the major buildings in the hotel. The construction was incredibly noisy, and we had to take the ferry to the Sandals Cay Island everyday to escape it! I must say, the island has a beautiful beach and a wonderful little restaurant - make an effot to visit it if you go to this hotel. We also had difficulty finding a seat by the pool, as it was very overcrowded, and there were very long lines at the pool bar. The main beach was also a disappointment, very small and could not walk far. We tried to do the water sports several times, but were told the ocean was too choppy.
One thing we did enjoy was the food at the Japanese, French and Buffett restaurants. Great selection, and had excellent service. It was a nuissance having to get reservations, however, had to wait in a long line to find out many of the restaurants were closed or full. The selection of beverages was also extensive and good quality.
We've stayed at many hotels in the Carribean and have found several resorts for a better price and superior quality to Sandals Bahamas: i.e. Sandals in Cuba and Montego Bay, Iberostar Grand in Mexico, Excellence in Dominican Republic. I don't think we would consider staying here again.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Amex, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.