My boy friend & I stayed here for 2 nights as part of the Bahamas Celebration cruise & stay. I had read reviews and was prepared for a wait, after all, hundreds or more people were doing the same thing I was. We arrived about 8am. We knew our rooms would not be ready. Our luggage was quickly stored by the bellhops.We were escorted upstairs where we checked in and received wrist bands & pool towel cards, this way we were able to immediately use ALL of the facilities. The resort sits on the gorgeous beach adn has great pools and a swim up bar. Just after 3p we returned to the lobby to get our room keys. Again, hundreds of people were doing the same thing so there was a long line but it went smoothly. When we got to room it was a double & we had asked for a king. When I called to change it I was told they dont guarantee beds, but they checked and found there was a king available. We were able to move right away & ended up with a partial ocean view.
I did not like that there was only one entrance to our building. We were at the very end of the hall. If there was an exit there we would have saved a lot of walking time, as that end was also closer to the market place and nearby conch stand. I prefer the stairs but their stairs were not available for optional use, emergency only.
There are no snack machines but there are soda machines. It was after 10PM when I got a craving for candy and was out of luck at the resort.
The staff was overall very pleasant & welcoming.
I heard from others all of the taxes, resort fees and gratuities were not added in my hotel room price. What I did put on my credit card at the hotel has not posted yet so I am not sure of this yet.
The rooms were large and clean, the resort was large & clean. It was worth every penny & Id definately stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island
- Radisson Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Is
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan is an elegant, serene AAA four-diamond resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. As part of Grand Lucayan Bahamas Beach & Golf Resort, this 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a Resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Splendia, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., JackRabbit Systems, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.