I was recently down here for a week with a group of 27 for my friend's 40th birthday. I had scene the brochure and while I thought it looked beautiful, I must admit, that not being a lay on the beach and relax type of person, I was a little skeptical. From the MOMENT, I got there and saw our place (we rented 7 villas in total) which was 2 bedroom with condo with every amenity imaginable including a beautiful screened in porch with view of the most crystal blue water I'd ever seen. I was immediately put at ease. I spent the next 5 nights TOTALLY relaxing on the beach, we rented a boat and went snorkeling, kyacking (free) and bicycling around the area (free) and then hanging out at the main house which has a restaurant and bar. The place is low key. We never left resort. If you're looking for clubs, casinos, shopping etc.. (there's a town but I'm told it's at least 20 miles away) But I thought that's what made it so Charming. We ended our nights having a drink in the bar and chatting on the beach or hanging out on one of our porches.
This place is seriously one of a kind. It's secluded and intimate. The beach has relatively no waves so we were able to keep an eye on the kids and not worry about them being knocked over by waves. They were also able to pretty much run freely around as all the bungalows and villas face the water (about a half a football field away) so you can pretty much see them at all times. We each had a meal plan which was excellent with even better service. Every time I walked into the main house for something I was always greeted by my first name and asked if I needed something. It was great! Daily drinks deals during Happy Hour that I thought were very reasonable. We had a 40th birthday buffet dinner on the beach that was decorated so beautifully that I thought I was on a movie set. I would definitely say that if you're looking to do a group vacation this is the way to go.
I loved it so much that I extended my stay a night and rented a bungalow. I was a bit spoiled all week in the villas but the bungalow was quite lovely too. Honestly, I can't wait to go back!!!
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.