Our family of seven spent a week at this beautiful island resort. We rented the four bedroom Dolphin House with its own pool. It had fabulous ocean views (it is right on the ocean) overlooking the salt water pool. It was very comfortable with large bedrooms and a main living space.
We spent three days scuba diving with the resort's scuba crew. We were all newly certified open water divers. The scuba crew started us with a shallow dive and we worked our way up to deeper dives through the week. The resort offers all levels of diving experiences from shallow reef diving to deep water wreck diving and even a dive into Dean's Blue Hole (the deepest underwater sink hole). We saw sharks, manta rays, lobster, squid and more.
We rented a car one day and explored the island, snorkeled at Dean's Blue Hole and enjoyed some of the island's best beaches. One beach not to miss is Cape Santa Maria with soft white sand and clear aquamarine water. A typical day diving is two one tank dives. One in the morning followed by lunch and a new snorkeling site and then another dive after lunch. The dive crew is wonderful at providing a positive dive experience and is very attentive and careful with safety.
The resort is beautiful with lovely landscaping. While two homes have pools, there are at least four other pools throughout the complex of 30+ units. It is peaceful and quiet. There is the Moonshine Bar near the ocean with great drinks and food (one must try their huge daiquiri). The main restaurant has delicious food with evening specials each night. Our last night was the rum punch party with dinner buffet. The staff is friendly and the service is wonderful and very accommodating and helpful. (Note: do not miss the apple German pancake for breakfast).
The resort will also provide trips to get provisions at local stores, plus site-seeing trips, and beach drop-off and pick-ups. There are also bikes available which makes getting to some beaches a lot easier. There are many other excursions available and we plan to return to try some of the ones we missed.
We found Stella Maris to be a wonderful place to relax, bond with our family and enjoy the best of the beautiful Bahamas. A true test of an ideal vacation is when customers return. Stella Maris is that kind of place. We even met a lovely woman who has been returning for 35 years and another couple who had honeymooned here 30 years ago and were returning. We, too, will be back!
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort, a 2013 Certificate of Excellence recipient, is an intimate Out Island hotel offering a wide range of tropical Bahamas vacation rentals and accommodations, from panoramic ocean view hotel rooms to 4-bedroom waterfront and beach front bungalows, some even with a private pool. We provide the perfect Long Island Bahamas resort getaway for leisure travelers, family vacationers, private pilots and active water sportsmen. Tropical accommodations and inclusive island activities make Stella Maris the perfect Bahamas family resort or romantic getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.