Right on the main thoroughfare, 5 minutes from the US border, this refurbished hotel is perfectly located for central Tijuana and is really great value for money.
- Private parking ( a 'must' in TJ)
- Very polite, fluent English-speaking staff
- Spacious, tastefully furnished, bedroom, with newly-renovated bathroom
- Very comfortable bed
- Free wi-fi in rooms and throughout hotel
- Beautiful swimming pools (2) and pool/courtyard area
- Dedicated and responsive management
- Room price of US$79 (plus inevitable tax, of course)
- No safe in the room
- The central heating/ventilation system in the bedroom seemed to have a mind of its own, and was totally unresponsive to the wall thermostat/controller. Mind you, that could have been because the thermostat/controller looked as if it came out of the Ark. Pity they didn't upgrade this when they renovated everything else in the hotel.
- The food in the 'Acueducto' restaurant on the one night we used it (a Sunday) was not good. When we returned one of the meals, uneaten, the waiter was unable to remove it from the bill. However, by way of recompense, the Duty Manager the next morning did offer us a complimentary breakfast (which unfortunately we were unable to take advantage of as we had an early appointment).
Nevertheless, to my amazement, we received an email from the Hotel Manager the very next day, apologizing profusely for our experience and telling us he was refunding the price of the spoiled dish, as well as the tip!
Overall, a very pleasant, quiet and nicely appointed hotel at a great price. Since we had earlier received glowing reports from our friends about the food at the hotel, I have no doubt that our experience was an isolated occurrence. This is further supported by the excellent, no-nonsense, response of the Hotel Manager, and I have no hesitation in recommending his hotel. We shall definitely return.
Tips of the day:
- Go for a room on the 4th floor of the main building, overlooking the pool. It's a great view and there's no traffic noise.
- If you value your toes, watch out for the brass door-stop in the middle of the bathroom floor; the interior designer was obviously a sadist
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC