We have just returned from our trip. This was our 7th trip to PBEB and by far quite the worst trip we have ever had. When we first came to PBEB about 7 years ago it was pristine surroundings, pristine rooms, pristine service, not overcrowded and excellent value for money. I cannot say this anymore about the resort. I have personally recommended this hotel to friends and family and actively encourage them to come, which they have. I cannot do this anymore. Why?
1. On check in we were not greeted by a doorman for our luggage.
2. Our room was ready and the request we made in advance was exactly what we wanted.
3. On being sent to the ‘timeshare’ desk to get our keys and not signing up for the tour, we had to go ourselves to find a luggage man to get our keys and help with the luggage. We asked for 4 keys and was told we could only have 2!
4. The free drink coupons that used to be given out here for Kelly’s Bar have been eliminated. We used to go there for a ‘free’ drink and then spend the rest of the evening there. This visit we did not even go to the bar at all.
5. The room was exactly as expected, except it was a little jaded with stains on the sofa, veranda chairs and the towel rail was almost coming off the wall in the master bedroom – room 1415
6. In years gone by there used to be ‘turn down’ service with the towels in the room being refreshed and replaced and chocolate on the bed. This never happened and as you cannot put towels on the veranda to dry we often had wet towels when we came in from the pool. No wonder people were taking towels from the pool area back to their rooms.
7. We ate in the Bistro on 2 nights and the standard of food has increased, along with the prices. The menu has not changed since it opened 3 years ago!
8. The pottery painting area has been moved to a much better shady spot. A highlight of this resort.
9. The 3rd towel bar has been turned into a pool bar – this is a good thing.
10. We played tennis several times and Roberto is great. $5 to rent a racquet is ridiculous, a deposit yes, a fee NO.
11. Since the introduction of the ‘all inclusive’ on order to compete with the Riu in my opinion is a personal disaster. Not only for the residents who do not want all inclusive but also for those who do. Pool service used to start early and finish late with very attentive staff. Now it starts at 11.30am and the bill is brought at 4.30pm with no service after that. It used to be that you could not bring your own food and drink to the pool, not anymore. Multiple families, both American and Mexican had their own virtual buffet all day by the pool with beer, fruit etc purchased off site and consumed on the premises.
12. The junior suites are recommended for 1-4 persons and the master suites for 1-6 persons. We originally booked a master suite for 5 and added a 6 on check in at a cost of $30 per night extra. Great. However, in the junior suite next to us and all around were multiple families with 8, 9 or even 10 persons to a room. We had 9 in the room next to us, mum, dad, aunt, grandma and 5 kids. What you may think did they do to sleep or have for towels. Well, they use the veranda loungers, brought SpongeBob and other towels and had 3 hotel towels between them all. I saw many many incidences of families that did not have towels for all their guests and were given extra by the pool guard and also on 2 occasions had to deny someone from taking my pool lounger with my towel on it.
13. There did not appear to be a lifeguard at the pool anymore. I thought that this was sorted as previously there was a life guard in a white top and red shorts.
14. The pool activities are still great and the activities staff are wonderful.
15. The waiters that have been there for several years are still excellent and give great service, but there are also newer staff who are difficult to find when you want an order.
16. The pool side cleaning was a joke. I went down one morning to see 2 beer cans on the pool side, lime wedges on the floor and other such litter. The loungers were not cleaned or wiped down and our table where we sat was not wiped clean all week, 8 days! We did witness a cleaner taking a band aid off a table leg only to flick it onto the floor and leave it there on the pool side. It was still there 2 days later.
17. The prices in the resort we at least 30% higher this year than last. The cost of sunscreen in the shop 270 pesos, this is an outrageous extortion.
18. We did not use the spa on this trip or the gym but I heard good things about it.
19. Loved the Easter Mass
For the most part we enjoyed our holiday and having such high expectations of this resort have lead to my comments above. We have loved coming to PBEB all these years but we will think about other options for our next trip.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC