This is not a bad hotel but compared to others in the area, it is just average. There is no all-inclusive option, and the restaurant choice is very limited compared to similarly-priced resorts. Most hotels in Cancun do not have free wifi so I am not going to discount the hotel for that, but it is disappointing. There were lots of security guards standing around at various parts of the day.
The hotel is located in walking distance to a lot of shops and the "party area" of the hotel zone. Walking to The City, Coco Bongo, and a multitude of shopping and restaurants is maybe a 1km walk or 1 stop on the bus. However, this puts the hotel a good distance away from the airport.
Checkin process was lengthier than it should have been. The hotel does participate in Priority Club (Intercontinental, Crown Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Candlewood, Staybridge) so if you are a business traveler who usually stays at Holiday Inn, this hotel might appeal to you.
When I arrived in my room, there was a piece of toilet paper in the toilet and one of the toilet rolls was missing the "special hotel fold". Yuk.
My room was on the ground floor on the road side (non-beach side) and had a patio and a hammock. There was plenty of shrubbery to provide privacy from the road, but obviously no privacy from the floors above. Lighting in the bedroom area is scant, but there is plenty of lighting in the bathroom. This isn't a problem if you open the room blinds, but after a day in the sun, I like to stay away from natural light.
The beds in this hotel are extremely hard. I stayed at another hotel nearby last year and they were also hard. Maybe in Mexico they don't believe in soft beds.
The sand on their beach is some of the best sand I have ever seen. However, the water in the swimming zone is very shallow. You can walk out 300 feet and still be waist-deep.
Did not try the breakfast or any other meal on site.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Presidente Cancun Hotel
- Intercontinental Presidente Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Intercontinental Cancun
- Inter Continental Presidente Cancun
- Presidente Intercontinental Cancun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental CancÃºn Resort is all you could ever want in a tropical retreat: comfy accommodations, superb restaurants and a picture-perfect beach. Central shops and nightlife are 10 minutes away, Isla Mujeres is just across the water, and there s a golf course next door. In two hours or less, you ll stand in awe of ancient Mayan ruins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.