I will start by saying Cancun is beautiful & am looking forward to going back sometime. However...I would NEVER again stay at the Oasis Palm, nor would the 6 other individuals I was with.
Service and ability to communicate w/ staff was such a disappointment. From the moment of check in, until our departure day, it was one bad experience after another. I'll quickly try to hit some of the bigger points:
The Room: no clock, no working remote, 2 towels daily even though my particular room had 3 of us in it. No iron, no mini fridge as advertised; on those humid days, the warm water that I had in my room was no relief but I guess that's better than the other 2 rooms our group had which had no water at all.
The lobby area is very pretty, however, completely unsafe! Whether wet feet or not, extremely slippery.
On our first morning, my 71 year old mother fell after tripping outside on more of the unsafe structure! This was beyond scary for my mom & myself. As she lay on the cement, bleeding from her face, NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE OASIS STAFF WALKED AROUND MY MOM ON THE GROUND & PAID NO ATTENTION TO THE GUEST IMMOBILE ON THE WALKWAY!!!!! (Thank you to the nice man who helped me get her up and back to the room!) Now I have an injured mother in need of some medical attention. When we requested ice from the front desk (for the elderly woman who had just fallen,) we were told to go to one of the bars and get it!!
Talk about false advertisement: At the Oasis Palm, there are 2 restaurants you can choose from (we didn't have access to those directly attached at the Grand Oasis.) 2 choices: 1 sushi & one seafood and steak restaurant. Perfect as my cousin who was along, doesn't eat seafood of any kind. Even the name of our pick for the last night's dinner was Cocoa seafood & steak; guess what....not a single beef/pork/poultry option on the menu...ALL fish!
Recreation staff & bar staff were nice enough; every individual within management/front desk were incredibly rude & had minimal ability to speak the English language.
OVERALL...WE WERE SCREWED AT THE OASIS PALM AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY!!!! I highly recommend to NOT have your stay here! I know times are tough for a lot of us; that's why we booked based on somewhat of a budget. But...if you really want the best experiecne while in Mexico...spend a little extra $$ and go somewhere you'll enjoy!
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Palm Hotel Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach
- Oasis Palm Beach Hotel Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Resort
- Oasis Palm Beach Hotel
- Oasis Palm Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Resort Cancun
- Calinda Beach Cancun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasis Loves Happines, Are U Ready? Oasis Palm, the Mexican Resort~ An all-Inclusive Family Resort surrounded by a true Mexican ambiance in the Caribbean.This is a magnificent beachfront resort where ample spaces of relaxation and diversion will provide maximum enjoyment for a family vacation to remember. Focusing on the family adventure, this resort offers rooms for up to five passengers. The stellar “Kids Club” offers a secure environment for the children with a fully supervised staff and numerous activity rooms, the kids own pool with water slides, restaurant, email access, rest areas, overnight camp, amphitheater, all age groups have many choices of activities. An expansive serpentine pool winds through the property and magnifies the white sandy beach and calm stretch of Caribbean Sea that meets the resort. Enjoy the wonderful climate of the Mexican Caribbean from the pool, the beach or your favorite terrace. A sample of the different culinary options our restaurants offer will provide insight to new flavors, from Asian Fusion and Sushi to traditional Mexican food. Exotic drinks or your favorite cocktail will be available at any of our fine bars located in the pool, by the beach or even in the Sports Bar where there is always a game.All- Inclusive Facilities include 6 Restaurants, 8 Bars, 1 Pool, Spa ($), Fitness Center, Multi use Sports Court, Kids Club, Entertainment, Night Club, Smart Car ($) and shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Oasis Palm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.