This was our first visit to the Cozumel palace and we were very happy with our stay. The staff are incredible, front desk, bell staff, hostess and servers go out of their way to make sure that you are comfortable. You only have to look like you might need something especially in the pool area and someone is there to accommodate you.
A special recognition to Marina and Leticia (Leticia Mr Jackson is still waiting for his dance)hostess staff who were so accommodating and such a pleasure to see their smiling faces and welcoming feeling. (Marina, I hope you are talking to your boyfriend again and if you come to Boston please look us up). Daniel and Gabriel do an outstanding job as the entertainment staff. Gabriel has unlimited energy to keep him going all day. Thank you for remembering who we were from the first time we met. You made us feel very welcome. Emmanuel provided outstanding service as well as Brenda at the pool and for lunch and drinks. Also Jared at the front desk thank you so much for moving us to a room with a great view! I cannot remember the names of many of the staff which all provided excellent service and made our stay one of our more relaxing vacations.
Since I read so many reviews before I went, a brief summary of what we did. We are RCI members and chose to not take advantage of the credits this time. In my opinion, we spent less money and got to do what we wanted instead of what they wanted you to do. The snorkeling in front of the resort is good, we saw many fish and some baby sting rays. Our preference is for snorkeling, we still have not converted to diving. We snorkeled at the resort, Punta Sur (incredible, but a lot of swimming). We rented a car for a day an really enjoyed seeing the other parts of the island and really enjoyed the regee bar right outside of Punta Sur what an incredible relaxing afternoon. Money bar, lots of different fish, taxi about $10 each way. Playa Corona, an easy snorkeling trip, in the shallow water a lot to see and the swim was easy. The coral was the best we saw on the island. Taxi was $12. I would pass up going out on the boat out of Playa Palanacar. The worst $100 we spent. $25 taxi, $35 each for snorkeling that had barely any fish to see and water was very cloudy. The guide on our boat said it was a typical day. We were disappointed. We fished but did not catch anything with Cozumel charters. Which was our only other disappointment. The island feels very safe to walk around in. That was never a concern after our first time out and about. There is a grocery store across the street an the Mega is only a few blocks away. Also Margaritaville is only a 2 minute walk. The entertainment is geared a lot towards the kids so if you are traveling as a couple it is a little disappointing. This is not a night time resort. We were hard pressed to even find anyone in the lobby bar once the entertainment ended,
I would go back again as soon as I can just to be treated so well by the excellent staff!
- Also Known As:
- Cozumel Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
- Palace Cozumel
- Cozumel Palace Resort
- Cozumel Palace Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not too long ago, Cozumel Island was revealed to the world with all its charm. Now adventure travelers, divers and nature lovers are discovering Cozumel Palace, the stunning resort bathed by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Experience the true meaning of luxury and fun. Enjoy the amenities and attention to detail from the moment you arrive. Our Cozumel Palace will take your breath away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cozumel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.