My husband and I stayed at this place last week from June 16 - June 19. The first inconvenient was the room when I called the hotel reservations to book a room they indicated that we will get a room with an ocean view. We got a room with a view facing another room. They tried to fixed the situation by saying that they meant ocean front. Then they moved us to another room which did not have an ocean view and they said that the only room with ocean view is the presidential suite which have a substantial price difference.
The hotel SPA is average and the facilities very poor very far from what a SPA should look like. In other words very improvised.
The second major disappointment was what they defined "Gourmet inclusive" it was below average and the variety was very limited. I ordered a shrimp dish and I needed a magnifying glass to find them because they were microscopic.
On Saturday after they cleaned our room the maids left some dirty dishes from other room in front of our door and they were left there all day long. We had to call to ask for removal.
Last but not least the rudeness of the staff people at the front desk is unacceptable. My husband by accident broke a cheap glass ball that was placed too closed to the TV set. He went to report it and they charged us US $120 for this cheap piece that is only worth US $10. I know this fact because we live in Mexico City.
They made us paid this ridiculous price and sarcastically when we closed the bill they offered some discount coupons for future stays. Thanks very much but no thanks. We love the riviera maya and we will come back actually next week end but definitely not to this BAD TASTE PLACE.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Hotel
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- El Dorado Maroma Hotel
- El Dorado Maroma Resort
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of Travel Channels Top Ten Beaches in the World, El Dorado Maroma is an upscale, exclusive Caribbean resort for romantic couples and active vacationers alike. Intimate and beachfront. Rustic and luxurious at the same time. the hotel provides outstanding services and gourmet cuisine. Receive personalized butler and concierge service, arrive with style with a champagne check in. It is rustic, because it is not pretentious and was built using traditional materials and with the philosophy of embracing the bounty of the nature and the local environment. It lies directly on the beach of Maroma, considered to be one of the best beaches in the world by independent reviewers, including the Discovery Channel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.