My boyfriend and I just spent the most perfect five days of our vacationing lives at Le Reve.
The staff could not have been more helpful, amiable and fun.
Before we went on vacation, we had every intention of going snorkeling or seeing the cenotes or the ruins in Tulum. Instead, we found Le Reve to be so perfect and relaxing that we couldn't bear to take ourselves away for the majority of the time.
We did manage to make it to Puerto Aventuras for some fishing, which was amazing, and went into Playa del Carmen proper on a couple of occasions -- even finding a new favorite local bar, "Las Delicias."
The pool and beach area is gorgeous - just as, if not more beautiful than the photos on the website. We watched a lot of other people walk by on the beach, pointing up at Le Reve, likely jealous, and rightly so. The other massive resorts are pretty, certainly, but so stuffed with people (kids especially), that our guess is the ambiance is completely ruined.
Not so at Le Reve, where it was tough to tell exactly how many people were staying there. There was never any trouble finding a seat at the pool, the beach, the bar or restaurant with a striking view of the ocean.
We ate breakfast at the restaurant on site every morning, and it was delicious. For me, the fresh-squeezed orange juice was the best, but all the food was fantastic. My boyfriend had the tuna for dinner twice and loved it. I had a pasta dish and scallops with risotto which were good as well.
On our last full day, the concierge, Jacqueline, informed us up front that they would be working on the electricity for about an hour, so the hotel offered a free happy hour to compensate. Everyone at the bar agreed that we didn't really need the electricity anyway and wanted to stay at the beach bar and pool with guys like Freddy and Mario, who were always ready to make sure we were taken care of and happy.
One afternoon, storms rolled in and the staff scrambled to collect the dozens of thick, soft beach and pool lounge chair cushions before it rained. I offered to help, and they assured me not to worry but I grabbed some anyway and helped them to get them stored. The next morning at breakfast, a coconut chopped down from one of the trees at Le Reve arrived at our table, cut open at the top with two straws sticking out and the middle carved and decorated as a face with pieces of fresh fruit. It was delicious, by the way.
When we asked why we were brought such an extravagant surprise, Freddy said it was in thanks for my help. That summed up Le Reve for us.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa, a 25 room boutique hotel right in front of the Caribbean sea, located 10 km North of Playa del Carmen. Enjoy excellent Mexican hospitality and cuisine in a setting of splendor and tranquility. Enjoy a majestic comfort just for adults, in the middle of nature, great privacy, delicately personalized service and a splendid view over the sea. Le Rêve Hotel & Spa, the dream becomes real. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Prestigia, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.