We stayed at the Banyan Tree at the end of March for 2 weeks, luckily our first week was spent relaxing and enjoying all the facilities as well as our private pool villa which really was amazing! The staff are lovely and helpful and the people of Playa del Carmen are also really helpful and friendly. On our second night at the Banyan we decided to go into Playa del Carmen for something to eat and to have a look around, the Hotel called us an amazing Taxi Guy called Erik and he took us to an excellent restaurant, luckily he gave us his card because on returning to the Banyan my husband realised that he had lost his wallet with all his credit cards and money inside! As you can imagine we were totally distraught not knowing where we could have dropped it, luckily my husband rang Reception and they called Erik our Taxi guy who immediately searched his car, found the wallet and drove back to the Banyan Tree to deliver it to us! Now that is what I call good service, not to mention honesty, he made our trip and we used him for trips to see the Mayan Ruins as well as some stunning locations around Tulum. Thank you Erik we will never forget you! I would highly recommend using Erik C Ramirez, he is the best!
On the Banyan Tree Hotel we loved our Villa with private pool it was really ovely and it was hard to drag ourselves away from it! We had the in Villa BBQ which was great although we could not do justice to all the food! We also hired the bikes and used them every day, they were brilliant to get around in and for us much better than waiting around for Buggies. The guy that sorted the bikes for us was lovely, I am so sorry I have forgotten your name but thank you for all your help and cheerful greetings around the resort when we saw you during our two weeks. The staff at the Oriente are all good guys too, especially Ivan who looked after us for breakfast and helped organise a cake for my birthday, thank you! We also did the eco tour which is really worth doing, the wildlife is amazing and they guys so knowledgeable. We booked the evening cruise which was really romantic and again the guys could not too enough for us, thank you! I loved the Spa the treatments were so good and the therapists really professional and strong! My husband enjoyed the Golf and played twice whilst we were there.
Unfortunately towards the end of our trip a huge Wedding Party of 300 people arrived and that is the only area of complaint we had because the staff just could not cope with such a huge number so service suffered. We really missed not being able to have our breakfast at the Oriente it just was not the same. Also the Beach became too crowded and noisy and it was impossible to relax. One of our favourite things to do in the evening was have a drink at the bar before going for dinner, Cecilia was the best Bar Person and always had a welcoming smile to greet us. Unfortunately the Wedding Party totally took over the bar area one evening so we could not even go near the location let alone get a drink! Thankfully we called Erik who whisked us away to Playa del Carmen for the evening! I really think going forwards the Hotel should warn guests if there is a large party arriving.
Overall though it is a great hotel and well worth visiting, the hotel is also really impressive in it's eco drive and being sensitive to it's environment and wildlife.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A harmonious blend of nature and luxury, Banyan Tree Mayakoba takes resort living to new heights with the first all-pool villa resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts brings Asian hospitality to the beautiful development of Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, complete with Banyan Tree Mayakoba pool villas offering premium seclusion and an expansive Mayakoba spa complex with the introduction of the award-winning Banyan Tree Mayakoba Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.