My husband and I just returned from a 10 day trip to Playa Del Carmen, where we stayed at the amazing "Paradisus La Perla". We stayed in the Royal Service area of the resort; it was our treat for our 35th wedding anniversary, and what a treat it was!!! The staff go out of their way to make your experience as memorable as they can, and your choices are customized so you can have whatever makes you most comfortable. From the pillow service, to the mini bar being stocked with your preference of soft drinks, snacks and alcohol choices - it all revolves around you :-)
As we were in the Royal service suites, we also had a personal assistant ( they call them Butlers) who made our meal reservations for us, and who would have handled any issues that cropped up. We were given a cell phone pinned to our butler, so we could reach her anytime we needed to. The number is also available for you to give to family and friends, in case they need to reach you. Apart from the mini bar not being re stocked one day after we were off the resort, there really wasn't anything to complain about. Special thanks to Daniel and Eva for making our stay so smooth.
The rooms are spacious and very well appointed - we particularly enjoyed the double ceiling rain shower heads in the bathroom. The double tub was more than large enough to accommodate me and my husband ( who at 6'3", has pretty long legs ). The only thing you have to be careful of, is that the floor is all tiled and very slippery when wet. The hot tub on the balcony is a nice touch, and it was a treat to lie out there one night with a glass of wine in hand and look out at the night sky.
The in room safe has plenty of room for all the electronics and personal effects you might want to put in. It also has 2 power outlets inside so you can charge your appliances while you store them. Free wifi was available throughout the resort, and they will give you the login info when you check in.
There are several restaurants on site - some don't allow children, and require that the men wear closed toed shoes - so gents, remember to pack a pair when you go, and not just runners. The restaurant meals were fabulous - we didn't have one bad meal, and went back to a couple of them more than once. There are bars located all around, and a Martini bar between two of the higher end restaurants. House wines are available at no cost, but if you want a bottle of their premium wines, you have to pay extra for it. Passions restaurant also does a tasting menu with wine parings which is an additional cost per person. Portions are just the right size, and at no time did we go away feeling unsatisfied or overwhelmed by the size of the portions. If you do want more than one appetizer or entree, all you have to do is ask. We watched one couple order every dessert on the menu one night, and there was no hesitation on the part of the staff to bring them everything they asked for.
My husband really enjoys a full breakfast ( think steak, eggs, mushrooms and hash browns ) and as a Royal services guest, we were eligible to use La Palapa for breakfast and lunch. His choice was not part of the standard menu, so he simply asked his waiter if he could order a custom breakfast, and he was told, no problem. So he had fillet steak with all the trimmings every morning....happy man :-)
The area we were in had a private pool with a swim up bar that is slightly smaller than the one located in the middle of the resort. The service by the pool is also excellent - the pool staff are super attentive to your drink and food requests. If you snack or have a meal by the pool, watch out for the wildlife. We had a couple of Iguanas that came up and sat with us one afternoon and decided that my Husbands lunch looked too good not to share. So they walked across me, climbed onto his plate and took huge bites out of the burger he was eating!! It was so funny, all we could do was sit back, laugh and take pictures :-)
There is also an area on the beach that has loungers and bar service if you want to lie back and listen to the waves breaking on the shore. The beach area is fairly narrow, but not rocky. We walked into town a couple of times, which is about a 40 minute stroll each way. If you do it, make sure you take water as it gets mighty hot even walking in the water.
There are two resorts in the same location, The "Esmerelda" and the "La Perla". If you want a quieter vacation, book the "La Perla", as that is the adults only side. The "Esmerelda" is also lovely and caters to families with children. We wouldn't hesitate to go there with our Daughter, Son in Law and Granddaughter.
So, all in all, an amazing experience. Would we go back? In a heartbeat !!!!
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Mexico/Riviera Maya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a spectacular tiny bay, the Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel for adults only, and one of the most luxurious hotels in Riviera Maya. Combining a prestigious Caribbean setting with world-class facilities, including Royal Service, the ultimate in spa treatments, a relaxed ambience, and flexible meeting spaces with state-of-the-art equipment. This elegant resort has a Mayan ecological feeling, and an oceanfront location surrounded by a lush tropical mangrove preserve and with views of Cozumel Island. Take your senses on a culinary tour through eleven remarkable restaurants serving delicious cuisine from all around the world and ten bars serving unlimited international Premium brand drinks. Enjoy life-enriching experiences such as tango dance classes, sushi-making, and sensorial experiences.This luxury All-Inclusive Adults Only Resort is located 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport very near the magnificent beaches and attractions such as the Playa del Carmen 5th Avenue, Xcaret, Akumal and Xel-Ha. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts US, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.