We visited in May 2012 for a wedding and this was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. We were greeted with an icy drink and taken to our villa by boat on the lagoon. Each room looks out onto the lagoon or the beach, we had a lagoon view, which we preferred because it was very quiet and private. Each morning we watched the birds dive and the alligators swim by from our private plunge pool. There are two pools, one by the lobby which was practically empty and one by the beach. Plenty of seating, plenty of shade and the cabanas are first come, first serve with no extra charge. The beach restaurant had excellent food and the tequila bar was a fun experience. We actually went for a wedding, which was executed far, far beyond any expectations I had. The room was enormous and ours had a bath tub the size of a small swimming pool, an outdoor shower and a private rooftop deck with comfortable couch. You can get around the hotel by boat or golf cart, or bikes (our preference) are free for your stay. The beach was very nice and there is complementary kayaking, snorkeling and paddle-boarding.
The only minor criticism I had was that the breakfast buffet was only average. We actually walked along the beach to the Banyan Tree and had breakfast there twice (it was incredible). Seemed fun for families too.
Overall, we are planning on going back as soon as possible.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.