With the advice of other reviewers we chose the Platinum Level which I would recommend to anyone at this resort. The small price difference is well worth the service and amenities. We encountered a difficulty at check-in due to the fact that they show Kings in the Platinum Suite but have many suites with 2 double beds which was unacceptable and the Check In Clerk Anders was one of the Rudest staff we encountered our whole stay in any hotel. After checking with our "Book it " representative, we met with the Manager Giovanni who presented several upgrade alternatives, only one which had a King Bed- the Laguna suites. He was instrumental in changing a poor start to our stay into a great time. Laguna is adult only group of small Villas, near to everything but the beach. Private pool, bar, locked access to the pool, Palapala covered beds, luxurious chaise lounges and best of all the Concierge Gracie. She was the best part of the vacation, any difficulty presented was handle immediately and she took care of all reservations, services and followed up with us to insure it met our approval. The suite was exceptionally appointed, mini bar, view of the pool, little details like an umbrella and one of most unique showers in any resort. Very well thought out and everything worked as expected. Besides an opportunity to select pillows to your comfort, the bed mattress was great.
We tried the main buffets for breakfast, large but good food, wide selection and good service staff. The resort Ala Carte restaurants were very good to excellent. Dress code is generally followed for men- shoes, long pants and collared shirts. The Asian Hibachi, Sushi, the French and the Fondue were some of our favorites. Seafood good to very good. Did not try the Italian. Bars are nearby any place you go on the resort, especially if your Platinum or above. The Beach grill offered hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos and a special of the day. I watched the chef prepare Paella with great seafood, open to all, very impressive. Two of the restaurants near the Platinum Lounge offer Breakfast and lunch with Ala Carte menus. The entrys were great and worth the walk. Many reviews discuss the size however it is not the big but very appropriate for the guest numbers. Grounds, buildings immaculately kept,tasteful and scenic. Activities are the usual fare and the resort needs to communicate these more effectively to all guests. It took several days to find the times, locations of the activities we wanted. Evening shows were very good and played well to the audiences.Final thoughts, I would recommend this resort to anyone wanting a great week in Mexico.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Inclusive Resort is located in the stunning Riviera Maya. The hotel is perfect for an unforgettable vacation thanks to its magnificent surroundings. The style of the hotel's architecture blends in with and respects the environment. The interior decor and ample functional outdoor spaces provide the setting for a fantastic vacation.The hotel features VIP areas, such as the Platinum Suites and the Laguna Romance Villas. They are privately located and offer exclusive services, including two Platinum lounges serving continental breakfasts, aperitifs, and premium drinks, along with a concierge, 24-hour room service, a private pool with waiters, and a water circuit in the spa.Grand Sunset Princess Hotel has seven restaurants specializing in food from a wide range of cultures, including Asian, Latin American, Mediterranean, and European. Each restaurant has its own unique feel and a few of them are located directly by the sea.After crossing the spacious lobby, you'll come to the Grand Sunset Princess, located near Playa del Carmen. The hotel features a total of twelve sparkling pools and some have an adjoining Jacuzzi. There are more than thirty specialty restaurants and bars, a lounge and a beautiful beach facing the majestic Caribbean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.