This year's trip to Cabo was our fifth. We have timeshare at Villa Del Palmar and have a studio. This year we took members of family and had 2 one-bedroom apartments.
Our past experiences at Villa has always been excellent. The staff are excellent and food great.
This year, I cannot say our experience was excellent:
1. We had 5 people in our party and was given only 2 room keys. It was a hassle to just obtain one more key.
2. There were several cabinets broken in our apartment. Some of the cabinets were fixed while we were there.
3. Theme nights are not worth the price. The new themes are not appealing. They took out beach party night which was always fun.
4. The reserving of lounge chairs around pool area continues to be annoying as the vacationers will reserve their seats and not show up for hours and I mean hours!! No one enforces their rule of just one hour reservation.
5. The pool side activities are old. Activity are staff super nice and very accomodating.
6. In regards to activities like jetski, glass bottom boat, etc., we received different information from the staff at Villa Del Palmar. This frustrated my husband to no end as it made it planning activities difficult. The best place to go is up at the main hotel. There is activity office outside the main hotel. There are offices there just outside themain entrance facing the pool area.
7. Bella California has great food. Though I am bothered by the birds flying around and getting into the food. Staff don't do anything about this. I don't care that the birds fly around, I am concerned about them getting into the food. The staff at Bella are excellent
8. La Perla at Villa Del Arco is fantastic. Great food.
9. The deli at Palmita is excellent. Staff are very friendly.
10. The staff around the pool are also very friendly. They check in on you on a regular basis. I like that the managers are around. I had a concern with one of the staff members and I had a manager immediately address my issues with me which I thought was great.
11. Daily room service is nice but not necessary. There were several days we declined the room service however was still charged the daily room service tip (minimal).
12. The gold card is nice but I think there is a minimum purchase or they charge you. I am reviewing all our receipts and I am noticing charges that showed up that I can't explain. Again, it is minimal but will add up if you buy one thing at a time. Better to just shop when you have several items to buy.
13. The pools by the bar tend to get cloudy and dirty. I think staff do check it every day.
14. Bell boy Efrain is the best!!! He is very helpful and friendly.
Our vacation this year was great. I don't think my issues lie with the staff for they are excellent. They work really hard and go out of their way to be friendly. My issue is with system at Villa. The overall quality of the experience has changed. I would recommend with hesitation. Definitely not the same place I fell in love with.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel
- Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Cabo
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos is "fun" with a capital "F," described by previous guests as "awesome," "enjoyable," and simply, "a great place to get away from it all." Soak up South of the Border comfort at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort Los Cabos, our family-friendly property with newly renovated rooms and an emphasis on entertainment. You can't help but smile the minute you see our Willy the Whale water slide.On any given day, you might see a crowd partaking in aqua-aerobics, water volleyball, or simply slipping and sliding into the pool (don't forget your camera!). In addition, the resort hosts a large variety of on-site activities including scuba diving, cooking lessons, a techno-arcade and theme nights featuring mariachi music, talent shows and more.The property also boasts a walk-out-the-door stretch of powdery sand, with gorgeous views of the turquoise surf and famous rock formation, El Arco. The recently updated all-suite property with its 460 air-conditioned units offers a range of "home away from home" options, be it a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, sure to satisfy everyone in your group.While the area's beach and water sports get most of the attention, Villa del Palmar goes out of its way to offer the utmost in peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.