We spent the week of June 27- July 4, 2012 at Melia Cabo Real and very much enjoyed ourselves. Here's my bulleted review:
--Food is surprisingly good. We've travelled to several countries, and stayed in numerous all inclusives. The food is generally hit or miss. We enjoyed every meal we had at the A La Carte choices La Terraza and Kujira. Breakfasts and lunches at the restaurant by the pool were nice. The dinner there, however, a buffet available every night of the week, can definitely be skipped.
--Ocean Front rooms in Building 3 are equipped with awesome ocean views.
--Service is outstanding. We always got excellent service from every employee on site. We tipped those who we saw frequently, while it was appreciated it really wasn't required.
--Yes, the beds are very firm. However, we both slept perfectly fine on them and I didn't even have to request the mattress topper.
-- There is a full blown construction site next door. My ocean view was beautiful, but I couldn't HEAR the crashing waves because of the earthmovers, tractors etc working from 7am until at least 11pm 7 days a week. When you close the sliding doors the sounds are very much muted, but I like to hear the ocean, and it really wasn't possible 90% of our visit. It was the single most frustrating thing about this hotel. It was like having a roller coaster right outside our door with the constant clanging of metal. I would not stay at this hotel again until the construction next store stops, or at least the hours they work become more reasonable.
--Internet access is not free in the business center. That struck me as not customer friendly.
--Bali Beds are a great restful spot overlooking the ocean. Available for $25 a day. Not too much $$ but really, couldn't that be available for free?
--$10 "service charge" for room service is definitely not customer friendly, and it's certainly not in the all-inclusive spirit.
--Making dinner reservations for dinner in person each day with the concierge was a big hassle, and again, not customer friendly. If you could at least do it over the phone from your room would be an improvement. If you could do it one time at the beginning of your stay would be even better.
--Lots of kids all over. I love kids. I have two of my own. The kids at this resort were lovely and very well behaved, but there were lots of them... everywhere. Including the disco at night. So, just know, there are lots of kids at this resort and no "adults only" areas.
Overall I'd recommend the hotel, even though the nickel and dime approach (Internet, Bali beds, and room service all not included) bugged me. But I definitely would NOT recommend staying in the ocean front rooms in Building 3, or the rooms facing West in buildings 1, 2 or 3 either until the construction next door stops.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach And Golf Resort
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Hotel
- Melia Cabo San Lucas
- Melia Cabo Real
- Melia Cabo
- Cabo San Lucas Melia
- Melia Cabo Real Beach Resort
- Melia Cabo Real All Inclusive Beach Golf Resort
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts US, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.