I have to say, this was one of the cleanest resorts I have ever been to. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The young man serving champagne in the evening hour was very sweet. We had a blast hanging by the pool and the beach. The beach vendors are not so bad, especially when compared to Cabo san Lucas. A couple of them crossed the ropes and came right up to my lounger and woke me up, which did not make me happy, but for the most part, they weren't so bad. We met a lot of friendly people around the fire pit each night including a guy who opened a nearby bar called The G Bar. We never did find it to visit, but I hope he does well, he was a crack up.
Yes the rooms are small and paper thin and I can hear conversations going on in the room next door, but we didn't spend that much time in the room anyway, and the sounds of the waves drowned them out.
Our favorite places to eat were at The Tropicana, Guacamayas, Shooters and Sardina's. Unfortunately, our least favorite was dinner at the Bel Air. Although we did order lunch by the pool and their fries are very good. The bartender during the happy hour was very attentive. It was our favorite time of day.
The downside for us is that we came to Bel Air because our friends let us have their timeshare for just the cost of the maintenance. Our friends who came with us paid more than a hundred dollars less than we did through Expedia and they got the same exact room, right beneath us. I think timeshare owners should at least be guaranteed an ocean view, which we were only lucky enough to get once we got there.
Overall, I would definitely recommend San Jose del Cabo and the Bel Air if you are visiting Mexico. We always felt safe and I just about gave up on Mexico for vacations till now. Thank you to the Bel Air staff for making our trip so much fun and free of stress.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Playa Del Sol Los Cabos
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When the place is the right one, the energy flows spontaneously. Bel AirCollection ® Resort & Spa Los Cabos offers you an exclusive and sophisticated holiday in a unique environment where the desert meets the Sea of Cortes giving you the opportunity for contemplation and meditation with 175 yards of spectacularly beautiful beach.Located only 15 minutes from the airport, in the master planned resort community La Jolla in San José del Cabo. Bel Air Los Cabos is the perfect place for a world-class holiday either for couples or families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.