I visited this hotel with a group of 5 ladies and 11 children. Over the years I've been to many All-inclusives and had overall spectacular service, but the food service here was horrendous. I feel bad that some of the people I traveled with had never been to an all-inclusive and asked if the food service we encountered was normal. It's not.
We stayed for a long weekend. This particular weekend was EXTREMELY busy and the food staff was not prepared. The food was actually quite good, but the service was awful. On the second night at the Bluewater Grill, we asked three times for a dessert menu. After waiting for 20-25 minutes, we never received one and ended up leaving as our children had become tired. The third night, we went to Oceanside. We had asked to sit together, but they were unable to do this because our whole group hadn't arrived. This was fine as we understood. However, the part of the group that came 20 minutes later actually had their meal and dessert, before the other group even ordered dessert. I happened to be at the table still waiting for dessert. We had several young children with us who were growing impatient, so they went to play the large chess board that was located next to our table. While they're playing, the waiter comes to our table and takes half of it away leaving us with only four chairs for nine people. We told him we were waiting for dessert and would be using the table and he continued to take it to seat other people. Needless to say we stood while finishing our dessert. Every day at the pool grill the lines were long and they ran out of food. All my kids wanted to eat we're nachos, but every time they ran out. One day our friends went to get a hamburger or hot dog, but again they ran out. How do you take reservations and not prepare yourselves for the amount of people. You know how many people are coming. As far as the lines at the pool grill, add a few waiters and have them take orders around the pool.
They also need to have someone at the slides to monitor the kids when there are a lot of people. There were kids and adults everywhere in front of the slide. No one was looking if the next person had went, they just went. My 6-year-old was hit by an older child because she had not gotten off the slide before the next person came. She got scared someone was coming and turned her head. When she turned the kid hit her. Her nose was fractured along with a part of her cheekbone. Both of her lips were swollen, her nose was swollen, her eye was swollen, and the entire side of her face was black and blue. I do have to say the hotel was very quick to get her medical help which I appreciate. There was a doctor there within minutes. Apparently, for a while afterwards someone monitored the slide, but the next day and the following there was no one.
The front desk had very good service, as were the bell boys, and maids. The rooms were very clean and modern.
Ixtapa itself is a charming place. There are some neat islands to visit and nice shopping.
Due to the food service and lack of preperation for the amount of people in the pools, etc. I would not return.
- Also Known As:
- Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa Hotel
- Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Hotel Dorado Pacifico
- Dorado Pacifico
- Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the beautiful beach town of Ixtapa on Mexico's popular Pacific coast, Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa is a mere 20 minutes from Ixtapa Zihuatanejo International Airport. The resort offers families, couples and singles an Unlimited-Fun® escape. Each of the 285 guest rooms and suites, located in the 11-story tower, offers a private, furnished balcony with stunning ocean views.The Unlimited-Fun®, vibrant getaway begins with one shimmering pools with two waterslides and a swim-up bar, an Explorer’s Club with a playground, gourmet restaurants, relaxing bars serving premium brands and tons of daily activities. Ideally situated just 10 minutes away from the town of Zihuatanejo, guests will have the opportunity to enjoy fantastic golfing, shopping and nightlife for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.