This was a great vacation and a fabulous hotel! We booked a priviledged suite (which is the only way to go!) We had a ground floor suite with an amazing patio with a garden, dining table, lounge chairs and a garden tub for soaking. Our suite was very clean and the bathroom was HUGE!
This hotel is designed around an ecological park so there is lots of beautiful vegetation and the grounds are very well kept daily.
The resort layout makes everything really close together and easy to get to.
One great perk was when booking a priviledged suite for 7+ days you are given 5 dinner certificates to use at your leisure - no reservations are required, you just show up. That was great as travelling with a 4 year old you never know when they will be hungry.
The pools are very clean and refreshing. We found that the pool and pool bar at the sister property, Catalonia Yucatan was much more convenient for our family.
The rooftop creparie and coffee bar is amazing. Nice place to relax and get a delicious evening dessert and coffee.
The Pure Chill Out Bar down by the beach was a family favorite as it sits right on the beach, has a wonderful breeze and great drinks - we recommend ordering a Mojito!
Food at the buffets were always great! Excellent variety and something for everyone. Desserts lacked in my opinion but still had ice cream and other items.
Very quiet and peaceful in that area!
You can go into Puerto Aventuras and rent a golf cart for $39/day - awesome way to get around and see the sites and go down to the marina to look at the dolphins, sting rays, manatees and do some local shopping.
Only negatives could be: distance from the Cancun airport - about 90 minutes away (but well worth the distance). Also, property does not have room service. Would have been really beneficial for late night coffee/snacks. As we had a 4 year old who went to bed by 8:30-9pm.
Book your next vacation here - you won't be disappointed. If you are disappointed, nothing will ever make you happy!
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Riviera Maya is situated in the peaceful ambience of Puerto Aventuras, located directly on the beach of the beautiful Mexican Caribbean and in the heart of the Mayan Riviera. The white sandy beaches, crystal clear water, a great marina with restaurants and bars at a walking distance as well as a 9 hole golf course makes Puerto Aventuras a place that stands out, a place for those looking for the authentic Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.