Room: Very basic, comparable to a Best Western. We don't stay in our room much so it didn't bother us that it was average and not posh. We stayed across from the main activity pool that is next to the kids slides, it was quiet at night but during the day there is LOUD mexican music playing all day with a DJ who yells a constant stream of spanish. Musica DJ! A bit trashy.
Pools: Great kids pool with slides!! my kids are 4 and 7 and really enjoyed themselves there.
Kids club: Excellent, the staff there are kind and the activities are fun. My kids wanted to go back and wanted to say goodbye before we left. They made pinatas, crafts, played games, bracelets.
Food: A la carte restaurants are absolutely amazing, do not miss, book your reservation. The main buffet hall had great options, very clean with good food. With so many folks being served at dinner, its gets frenetic and loses any high dining ambiance that its trying for. The snack places by the kids pool & Pizza del Forno absolutely turned my stomach. Since they are both located outside there are lots of flies & birds eating directly from the buffet (insert retching noise!). The breakfast buffet inside was wonderful, lots of warm egg/meat options or a la carte, lots of fruit options. The best breakfast buffet I have been to!! Sit on Omars side, he is excellent.
Staff: not one complaint they all work so hard. All friendly and never expect a tip (but please do, I mean the wage is something like a dollar an hour). Kudos to all the wonderful staff!!
Overall: Not many American families there, lots of Mexican nationals who are all friendly. There are shows in the evening that are definitely worth going to, mostly dancing of which I generally am not a fan - but they are well choreographed and worth going to (authentic mexican dancing!). The kids shows are fun for the kids and are right before the main show. Pools are clean and big (there are lots to visit). Drinks are free flowing and easy to get. Did the hobie cat and boogie boards, beach was very clean. Hot in July and a bit rainy.
Recommendations: if you are very posh and rigid (ie, expect 1800 egyptian cotton threadcount sheets or your drinks brought to you by pool boys) don't stay here. If you are middle class American, can enjoy yourself out at the pool/beach, get your own drink at the bar and enjoy getting a great deal for an all inclusive - this is the place for you!
I did not give it 5 stars because: the flies at the outdoor food places & at one night show the commentator encouraged booing at the US flag and mocked the US. Apparently, there was an immigration bill here in the states that did not go through. But it was unsettling for us, we left that show. Small hiccup to the overall trip stay.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book Something Different and enjoy Something Better! Enjoy our beachfront Sun ‘n Fun Resort with nonstop activities and a wide range of dining choices- 6 restaurants, 4 specialty, 7 bars including 2 swim-ups & Martini bar. Book a Resort room, or even one to three bedroom Suites featuring living rooms and independent dining areas, balconies, terraces and oceanfront locations to spread out and enjoy a villa style vacation. Something for every taste, every age!Special Room Sizes and Locations Provide a Variety of AccommodationsDeluxe Resort Rooms. One Bedroom Suites, including Oceanfront up to 760 sq ft. Two and Three Bedroom Villa Suites, Oceanfront up to 1260 sq ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.