Front desk staff was v. friendly and helpful, and the location is nicely away from highway and train noise, but that's where the positives end.
We stayed in the stable suite because it had a kitchenette. Not a great idea - stuffy because it's an upper level, but no windows that open. One painted shut, two with A/C units installed. Not installed very well as wasps were climbing in around them. Furnishings looked like leftovers from a campus yard sale. Shower in bathroom was super low and claustrophobic due to slanting ceiling. Big negative - DOUBLE not QUEEN bed. Who puts a double bed in a hotel these days??
Overall the place sounds good on the web, but in reality is falling apart. Put a new coat of paint on the stairs, have some windows that open, get rid of the 1970s kitchen cabinets and replace the stained carpets.
- Also Known As:
- South Thompson Conference Center
- South Thompson Inn - Guest Ranch
- South Thompson Inn And Conference Center
- South Thompson Hotel Kamloops
- South Thompson Hotel
- Thompson Inn Kamloops
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Unique Boutique" Inn is situated on 55 beautifully landscaped acres right on the South Thompson River. Guest accommodations are all individually decorated and feature balconies overlooking the spectacular mountain or river views, luxurious bathrobes, soaker or jetted bathtubs & complimentary wireless internet service. Adjacent to Rivershore Golf Links."Kentucky style" Inn with Western Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your South Thompson Inn & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.