We stayed at the hotel for three days. It was very pricey, but if you are willing to pay what they ask you won't be disappointed about the hotel. We asked for a room on a high floor which they accommodated.
There is one big point on check in................ there is a large public parking garage under the hotel. If you park in the garage under the hotel, and get a ticket, the charge is 23 dollars a day, however if you add the parking to your hotel bill, they provide you with an in-and-out parking card, but charge you 35 dollars a day. The hotel is well placed for proximity to the gas light area or the center of the city so it is unlikely that you will need your car during your stay.
We didn't take the car out for the three days we were there so paid a total of 36 dollars more than we had to. If you don't plan to take your car out during your stay, don't add it to the hotel room, but just use the ticket you received when you enter.
Check in is very efficient. Although the desk clerks lack warmth, they make sure you don't have to wait. If there is a line, they will staff all the stations.
The hallways to the room are very clean and well lit. The noise insulation is excellent.
The rooms are well designed and very clean. The bath is bright, marbled and spacious. You will want to take the shower head along with you when you leave. The toiletry appointments are very high quality. The heating and air conditioning system is excellent, and easy to use.
A beautiful, large high quality flat screen TV is present. The room also has two robes and a large umbrella which is a nice touch. Of course there is a hair dryer and the usual safe which you are not likely to utilize. Although a refrigerator is present, it is stocked with expensive items; not really designed for items from your cooler. Room service is very pricey.
The furniture is high quality and comfortable. The room is very well lit. The clock radio has excellent sound, but requires some figuring out in order to set. A paper was provided outside the door each morning.
The food in the restaurant is also very pricey, but the quality and service are excellent. If you walk downstairs to the Vancouver underground to go shopping, you will enter through the food court which has many choices, all very reasonable.
Bottom line is that this is a very well located high quality hotel which is greatly overpriced. Unless you can find a significant discount or your company is paying the bill, you will probably not be their guest. The rack rate is over five hundred dollars a night. Perhaps two hundred dollars a night is a fair price.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel
- Vancouver Pan Pacific
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel is luxuriously appointed with a wide selection of modern hotel amenities, with its waterfront restaurants and lounge providing an award-winning selection of West Coast Cuisine over Vancouver's magnificent Harbour, Coastal Mountains and Stanley Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Pan Pacific Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.