We stayed two nights over the Canada Day weekend, to take advantage of the harbour fireworks display on July 1st.
The room had a king bed with great bedside lighting, newly renovated walk in shower and bathroom. The furniture had not been totally replaced from the renovation, hopefully the desk, side table at the window and TV stand are to be replaced with something in the dark wood of the headboard and bathroom cupboards. There was only one "sitting area" chair to sit on so my hubby sat on the desk chair to eat our dine-in breakfast the first morning.
The windows facing the harbour open slightly and the ocean fresh air is terrific early in the mornings. The harbour airlines start leaving/arriving just after 8 a.m. and you can hear them, but not near as much with the window closed. Once the sun goes down, the lights of downtown Victoria are impressive shining off the Inner Harbour waters!!
The harbour ferry stop is at the left hand side of the resort and can take you anywhere in the harbour area (the Empress, Fisherman's Wharf or for a cruise up the Gorge.) Make sure to tell your "captain" that you'd like a round trip ticket as it saves you $2.
The balcony was WONDERFUL.... but the weather to enjoy the space was not!! If it had of been NORMAL July weather I KNOW we would have utilized this area much more. There was an "L shaped" seating area cushioned sofa and a low square coffee table. We did sit out to enjoy the fresh air for short periods throughout the weekend, but did not spend an exorbitant amount of time out there. We did however have family join us for the fireworks our final evening and we all spent those 15 minutes outside (wrapped in blankets) to see the show. What a wonderful vantage point this room gives!!!
We did dinner at "LURE" two nights and I'll review that separately.
Housekeeping staff seemed to think, because there was one suitcase, that there was one person occupying the room, so one bath towel the second morning we were there was not appreciated. If I’d have noticed earlier I would have asked for another towel BEFORE my shower!
Room service was EXCELLENT! Our breakfast was to be 25 minutes and ended up being ready in 15 instead! And they accommodated us with hot beverages during the fireworks! Lovely service personnel!
Check in & check out were fast and efficient, although the bellman was a bit slow on the draw when we pulled up to check in.
We did not try the pool or fitness center but I have used the spa in the past and have enjoyed it very much.
We WILL stay again!!
One Suggestion for the hotel: Replace the hallway doors of the rooms as the sound travels very well through the doors and you hear EVERYTHING from the hallways!
- Also Known As:
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel Victoria
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort And Spa
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
- Delta Victoria
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort Spa
- Victoria Delta
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa Vancouver Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- European-style Mid-rise Hotel situated on Inner Harbour, facing Parliament & Old Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.