My husband and I loved our two nights and three days stay at the Queen's Landing! From the moment we checked in to the second we checked out, we felt spoiled and pampered.
First, we treated ourselves to a couples massage at the Pillar and Post spa and then spent the afternoon lounging in the hot springs and indoor pool. It was an incredibly relaxing experience! Wish I could be there every weekend :)
The turndown service was delightful! We found a single rose on our bed and our towel supply refreshed every night!
But the highlight of our stay was dining at Tiara at the Queen's Landing! The restaurant has an amazing dinner package for $60 which includes an appetizer, entree and a dessert. It is really a great deal since you can order any item from the menu...no restrictions whatsoever. My husband had the dinner package. He ordered the Tasting Platter to start, then moved onto the Beef Tenderloin and finished with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Tower. The Tasting Platter was the best thing we have ever eaten! We felt like we were eating dishes prepared by Iron Chefs! The scallop was soft and creamy, the mushroom ravioli was insanely flavourful and the mulled pear grilled cheese was simply awesome! We shared the tasting platter ... Which one of us could have easily and happily finished on our own. I almost ordered my own mushroom ravioli starter but wanted to save room for my entree. My husband loved the Woodland mushrooms that came with his beef tenderloin. I ordered the seafood parpadelle which came full of big scallops, lobster and shrimp in a not-too-rich or overpowering cream sauce! It was a pretty big portion...I only finished about half of it. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Tower hit the spot! It was not too heavy, rich or sweet! Just a perfect end to a perfect dinner! Our waiter, Rudy, was excellent! He was personable, had a great sense of humor and really wanted
us to have a memorable experience! He ended our night by giving me a beautiful cream/pink rose! I would highly recommend Tiara if you want to celebrate a special ocassion or if you want to give your taste buds a real treat!
The only feature I didn't like about the Queen's Landing was the pool. It was in the basement of the inn and was a bit dark. The flooring around the pool was extremely slippery when wet which made walking around that area quite tricky and dangerous. Compared to the pool at Pillar and Post, this one was drab, dark and outdated. I would have rather made the 5 minute drive to the Pillar and Post to use the pools there.
I would definitely stay at the Queen's Landing again. The location was fantastic... just a short walk to the main street. The staff were so welcoming and friendly. Plus it was pretty quiet even during its peak times!
I can't wait for our next weekend getaway to NOTL!
- Also Known As:
- Queen`s Landing Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Queen`s Landing Hotel
- Queens Landing Niagara Lake
- Queens Landing Hotel
- Queens Landing
- Hotel Queens Landing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stately Georgian-style mansion overlooking the scenic Niagara River and Lake Ontario. #1 hotel in Ontario on Conde Nast Gold List 2010 and CAA/AAA Four Diamond Award for dining and accommodations. Conveniently located just a short walk from the town’s main street and Shaw Festival. 142 elegant guestrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Queen's Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.