My partner and I stayed in a 'Luxury Accom.' room with a King bed. We live in Toronto, but were staying on the occasion of our anniversary, so we treated ourselves with this pricier option. I chose this hotel for their first class, spacious bathrooms. It is essentially a private spa getaway, I spent a crazy amount of time in there, just relaxing.
The things that made me swoon:
- Beautiful marble bathrooms a glass enclosed shower, and a separate deep soaker tub
- Marble bathroom, with heated floors
- Quiet lobby with seating area, and Senses cafe
- Pool and hot tub (the pool was being cleaned due to a child's 'accident' when we visited, but the hot tub was nice enough)
- Well appointed suites, clean rooms, clean hallways and common areas
- Since the hotel also serves as a condo-style residence, it feels discreet the way a residence would
Since I live in Toronto, I can say that it is very nicely located. Walking distance to many TO attractions:
- Entertainment district/clubs/restaurants
- China town
- CN Tower / ACC / Rogers Centre
- The lake / Harbourfront / other lake front sites
- Right on the King St. 504 streetcar route, or a 10 minute walk to the University subway line (which is connected to the Yonge line w/o having to transfer)
- Eaton Centre is approx. 15-20 min walk away
- A huge Chapters bookstore and Cineplex movie theatre are 5 minutes away
- Big hearty (aka heavy?) brunches to be had at Cora's across the street (2 min away)
Some of the cons:
The view was lacking--we faced the parking lot across the street, and the hotel room was on a relatively low floor, I think the 3rd or 4th)
It this hotel is much pricier than other options you can find in Toronto for a decent room and a clean washroom.
That being said, I don't know any other hotel that offers the high quality finishings that this hotel does, within the same price range. Their lowest priced room (avg $250/night) is comparable to other boutique hotels that can charge upwards of $350/night, or mega hotels' premium suites that can cost at least $400/night.
- Also Known As:
- Soho Metropolitan Toronto
- Soho Metropolitan Hotel Toronto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SoHo Metropolitan Hotel is simply Toronto's finest, whether you call it a luxury, boutique or design hotel. At once supremely indulgent and artfully subdued, the hotel affectionately dubbed "SoHo Met" is a vibrant scene unto itself. From inspired culinary creations and rejuvenating spa treatments to advanced in-room technologies and innovative business services, a limitless range of sophisticated pleasures awaits you. Whether you are staying for just a weekend or weeks on end, you will quickly realize that one does more than stay at the SoHo Met ... one lives it. The moment you set foot upon the marble floors of the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel in Toronto, you enter a world of exquisite delights and unparalleled convenience, where the hotel's commitment to service and personal attention exceed all expectations. The three story, loft-style penthouse suite and 92 oversized, luxurious guestrooms and suites represent the very epitome of SoHo Metropolitan style. European natural down duvets and triple Italian bed linens grace the luxurious king-size beds. When it's time to say good night, use the smart technology to adjust lighting, motorized draperies and do-not-disturb light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Venere, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your SoHo Metropolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.