We have been to Laiya several times but most resorts we have not tried yet were already fully-booked, then we found Laiya Coco Grove in the internet and we were able to get a reservation with some few adjustments with our preferred dates.
The resort was easily accessible by public transportation. We just followed the directions on their website and we did not encounter any problem.
While the resort claimed that they are fully-booked, we did not feel that the resort was over-crowded maybe because the resort occupies vast area in the Laiya beach and they even have an extension resort in the white beach since, they say, the water in the main beach may be muddy during low tide. Free shuttle ride was readily available to bring guests back and forth. Also, we noted that the cottages were of good distance from each other, so you'll get to enjoy privacy and some really quiet time unlike other nearby resorts. The beach area is generally clean.
The resort includes full-board meals in their package but there's nothing spectacular with the food they offer (actually needs more variety) and even disappointing that there's nothing kid-friendly on their buffet table (with regular three dishes being served per meal) not even for breakfast like cereals or pancakes or eggs and the resort management should not limit/expect a child to drink iced tea or coffee in the morning. The highlight perhaps is the tasty Lechon served at dinner.
We stayed in one of their attractive tree houses. The room was clean but it showed signs of age and needs renovation. The aircon was old too and was already making so much noise, good thing we're tired from swimming that we managed to sleep despite the noise.
The resort offers side activities like island tour, kayaking, snorkelling, zip lining, horse-back riding and massage. Unfortunately, when we wanted to try the zip line, the operator was still not on site at 9am; when we asked for the horse-back riding, it took almost an hour before the horse arrived as it was (sub-leased) from another resort; they say it would be the same waiting time for the massage as the therapist would also be coming from another resort. Luckily, their available trampolines saved the day. It was functional and very fun to use for both the young and adult.
The accommodating and helpful resort employees filled in the inadequacies of the resort. The resort has so much potential and it needs immediate improvement.
1. Offer a la carte menu / fruit shakes so guests who are willing to pay extra could have food option; include child-friendly entrees.
2. Install ceiling fans and additional lights in your receiving and dining hall; clean and maintain the facilities in your public restroom particularly in the main beach dining hall and white beach hall - flush and door locks are not working, a bit dirty too.
3. At night time, add enough lighting in the walkways to cottages and along beachfront.
4. Invest in facilities/side activities that are readily available.
5.Put to use the mini bar in the Terrace; offer cold beverages, fruit shakes and light snacks.
- Also Known As:
- Laiya Coco Grove Hotel Batangas Province
- Laiya Coco Grove Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Laiya Coco Grove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.