Me and my friend stayed here one night in a backpackers room in March 2012. When we arrived at night we were wondering what sounds we were hearing (later found that out: the big waves). We were surprised that this guest house is situated right on the beach. It has a wonderful view on the sea. The restaurant and small garden look very cozy as well. Room was basic, but had a nice atmosphere. Mosquito nets on the bed could not close properly, so they had no function.
However, my whole experience is ruined by the 'boat service' recommended by the staff. Me and my friend (young female travellers) 'booked' what was called by the staff a 'shuttle to Gili Trawangan' on a ' tourist boat'. It turned out to be a lie. We were just taken by an old van and dropped close to the public boat harbor (but we did not know that), fooled by the people who said they would take us on the boat (they were talking in a very agressive way), forced to travel with a cimodo because the men told us the 'boat' would leave soon (little did we know that the harbor was only a short distance away) and later just dropped at the public boat. Paid an awful lot of money just for a transfer to the public boat which costs only 10,000 rupiah. So normally I would say I recommend this guest house, because of the nice atmosphere and location. Now that I know that the staff is involved with these kind of scams, I can only say: a waste of a good hotel.
- Also Known As:
- The Beach Club Hotel
- The Beach Club Hotel Senggigi
- The Beach Club Senggigi, Lombok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach Club, Beach Bungalows, Bar and Cafe, owned and operated by two Australians and eighteen of the best local staff, right on the beachfront in Senggigi Lombok, four beachfront bungalows luxuriously appointed with king size beds, air-conditioning, TV, DVD, mini bar, trendy outdoor bathrooms and beautiful tropical gardens. We also have two backpacker rooms available for the budget conscious traveler. Our bar and cafe have fine local and international food and snacks, the coldest beer in Senggigi and is on the best sunset beach in Senggigi. Relax in style at The Beach Club and let time unwind your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your The Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.