We stayed at the Kings arms after taking advantage of the recent Groupon offer.
Wasn't really sure what to expect for the modest price we paid but wow we were very pleased when we turned up to see our lovely clean spacious room and cosy little pub attached!
In the evening we went down for dinner and was a little overwhelmed by the choice on the menu, after overcoming the guilt I opted for the veal and my partner the hare, both excellent.
Great breakfast in the morning again lots to choose from and nice relaxing atmosphere papers etc.
There is no shops in village so u will need to go into Oakham approx 10 mins drive, and if u fancy a night out then a taxi to Oakham will be £10 each way (bit pricey but country prices!)
However you neede really go further than the Kings arms if a quite, relaxing evening is what your after.
Will definitely return !
- Also Known As:
- The Kings Arms Hotel
- The Kings Arms Hotel Wing
- The Kings Arms Inn Wing, Rutland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Culinary Heartbeat of Rural Rutland.The Kings Arms is a 17th Century Inn situated in the peaceful & secluded conservation village of Wing. Surrounded by beautiful buildings of local stone and Colly Weston slate this quintessential English Inn nestles amidst rolling green hills and picture postcard villages. Within easy reach of Peterborough, Stamford, Melton Mowbray, Uppingham and Oakham and only 2 miles from Rutland Water.A laid back, relaxed ambiance is complemented by award winning cuisine created by our team of chefs dedicated to providing the finest food in the area. Villagers and visitors will be found side by side at the Kings Arms creating that wonderful British country pub ambience. Our friendly and motivated staff serves traditional, artisanal and innovative pub fare on rustic wooden kitchen tables, surrounded by beamed ceilings, flagstone floors & open fires. All this alongside a large selection of fine wines, local ales, ciders and traditional soft drinks and you have an experience worth coming out for.The Kings Arms Wing also offers a total of 8 Bedrooms and Suites rated 4 Star by the AA since 2004. 4 rooms in the adjacent ‘ Old Village Bakehouse’ and 4 more in ‘Orchard House’ further up the long private drive. All of our spacious bedrooms are ensuite, with large flatscreen televisions and wi’fi is available throughout.At the top of the long private drive surrounded by a small young Orchard, fruit cages and our laying hens, we have a large off-road car park which can also accommodate small boat trailers, horseboxes and even motorhomes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Kings Arms Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.