We had a lovely lunch in tasteful,relaxing surroundings. The staff were very attentive and the food was delicious our only criticism on that side would be the monkfish which was tough and if anything underdone but the rest was delightful. The gardens are very pretty and well worth a strol around before or afte a meal. There were log fires in the lounge which even though it was May were necessaary and kept the rooms warm. The staff were enthusiastic and friendly and we did not feel rushed despite being the last group in the dining room. We will return to stay!
- Also Known As:
- Gravetye Manor East Grinstead
- Gravetye Manor Hotel
- Gravetye Manor Hotel And Restaurant West Hoathly, West Sussex, UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17 bedroom Relais & Chateaux Country House Hotel near West Hoathly in Sussex, is set in 1000 acres of wooded parklands and gardens, famous for being created by William Robinson, arguably one of England’s greatest gardeners. It is hard to believe that this secluded haven of peace and tranquility is only 12 miles from Gatwick Airport and 30 miles from Central London. Enjoy glorious vistas from this remarkable 16th Century Elizabethan Manor, relax in surroundings of timeless elegance and savour top hospitality, fine wines and exquisite food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.