Having stayed at this hotel for business several times this year and been disappointed on each occasion, it was with some trepidation that I checked in this time. The improvements to my stay were numerous.
1. Check in was efficient and the receptionist was very friendly.
2. I was offered help with my bags
3. The room, whilst dated as are many of the rooms, overlooked the green, had a balcony and had robes, slippers and complimentary fruit and water.
4. The barman was knowledgeable and efficient, advising me on some unusual gins.
5. My morning alarm call happened this time and the paper arrived.
6. Most importantly all the staff seemed so much more attentive and professional.
Good job guys! Looking forward to my next visit.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel De Vere University Arms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of medieval Cambridge, set back from the hustle and bustle of the town and bathed in green lawn lies this rather special historic hotel. It’s an education in quirky British charm and is famous for its hospitality, not to mention its guests over the years from the Beatles to the Krays. Luxurious rooms full with character await, spiral staircases and of course all of Cambridge’s attractions right on your marble doorstep. Take a punt on University Arms and you won’t be disappointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your University Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.