Enjoyed a relaxing 2 night break at the Downs owners and staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel in ideal position overlooking Lyme Bay. We had a balcony which was lovely especially as we had such good weather. The Breakfast is good with lots of choice, didn't have evening meal as decided to go to local award winning fish and chip restuarant (ok, but nothing to write home about + expensives for what it is!) and one of the local pubs (lots to choose from). The room was decorated lovely, but was very small and the bathroom was tiny! Beds were ok, but didn't sllep great as it was very hot when we stayed and the quilts wee a bit to heavy and we had mattress toppers which seemed to make us hot!
Otherwise a good small hotel would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- The Downs, Babbacombe Hotel
- The Downs, Babbacombe Hotel Torquay
- The Downs, Babbacombe Torquay, Devon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly above Babbacombe & Oddicombe beaches, we are a fully licensed family run establishment with 12 en-suite guest rooms, 8 have private balconies which enjoy fabulous unobstructed views across Babbacombe Downs and out over Lyme Bay. We welcome families, young and old, couples and singles alike. All rooms have TVs, direct dial telephones, hospitality trays and free Wi-Fi access. Our spacious restaurant and lounge bar ensures you have plenty of room. ... more less