Stayed here Good Friday with my wife for one night on a deal that included dinner and breakfast. Check in was good and we opted for a £10 upgrade to a junior suite, it was a very large double aspect room and I could see the sea out of both windows with what looked like a recently refurbished bathroom [shower over bath]. Very happy with the room even though it had a shabby feel about it [probably because bedknobs were missing and dirty windows]
tea and coffee making facilities but no biscuits? No ironing board but there was a fridge.
Went down slightly early for dinner to have a drink first asked where the bar was and were told we could use the bar in the restaurant or in the lounge. there was no one at either bar so opted to have dinner which we both really enjoyed, food and service excellent.
The hotel is in a very central position 2minutes from the pier or the lanes and ideal for all the busy bars and restaurants.
On our return that evening we went into the lounge for a nightcap. The unattended bar didn't look very promising no drinks, no glasses, no lighting no customers A4 print outs of the various offers, I've seen more inviting bars in a Church hall. My wife was determined to get a dink so spoke to reception and a member of staff came out of the closed restaurant to serve us I asked for a brandy and after searching the bar then the restaurant and then to a storeroom returned empty handed. Incredible that a 4 star hotel in the centre of Brighton on a holiday weekend would have no brandy.
Slept well and breakfast was excellent
To sum up all the staff were friendly and helpful clean rooms etc.It's a fantastic building with huge potential but it lacks decent management I note the owners are a property company accoutants etc. not a hotel company and it shows.
- Also Known As:
- Royal York Brighton Hotel Brighton
- Royal York Brighton Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marvel at the splendour of this regency building with a history worth discovering! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Royal York Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.