Stayed here over-night after the London to Brighton bike ride. It was interesting that the Holiday Inn supported this charity event by hiking their prices by 10%, but not surprising.
We got to the hotel at 3.30 to find that neither of the rooms were ready. They were booked by a priority club platinum member, so i can only assume that if we'd been normal punters we'd still be waiting. The wait was about an hour, so not a disaster.
The room was small, less well appointment than an average travel lodge, and i can only assume that two of the four stars this hotel claims to possess are from the sea view some rooms possess. It was a bit annoying to find that after waiting an hour for the room they hadn't bothered seperating the double bed into two singles, and so we finished their job for them.
The beds were an issue. It was too short for me and i'm under 6 foot. It also wasn't level, so if you're 6' or over and prefer to fit in your bed and remain in it whilst sleeping, stay somewhere else.
I would comment on the breakfast, but apparently £100 for a room for one night wasn't enough to include it.
The last issue was when the hotel tried to charge us £110 for the room, even though we had a copy of the confirmation email for £100. This happened because of "a mistake". I wonder how many people fail to spot such mistakes at the Brighton holiday inn.
In summary, nice location, badly organised, poorly equiped room, tried to over-charge and not a 4 star by any means.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront Hotel Brighton
- Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront Hotel
- Holiday Inn Brighton Seafront
- Holiday Inn Brighton
- Brighton Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for one of the best hotels in Brighton and the best Brighton hotel deals? Look no further than the fully Wi-Fi enabled Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront hotel. Standing from other Brighton hotels, Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront features air conditioning throughout and is in a prime spot on the seafront with wonderful views, making it hugely popular amongst Brighton hotels. Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront hotel features at a glance:• Prime location on the seafront • Air conditioned guestrooms• Restaurant with seafront terrace• Guest car parking • 9 excellent meeting and events room• Priority Club® points for the guest • Business Club® points for the booker. This Brighton hotel captures the essence of this quintessentially British seaside town by combining its relaxing atmosphere with easy access to the cosmopolitan nightlife of Brighton. Plus, to make the most of this Brighton hotel’s seafront setting there is both Standard & Executive rooms with superb sea views available. For Brighton hotels set in a prime location the Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront hotel should top your list. The hotel is within touching distance of Brighton’s famous beach and only a stone’s throw from some of top things to see and do in Brighton. A stay in the Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront hotel puts you only a short walk away from the Brighton Centre, Brighton Dome, Brighton Pier, the Brighton Royal Pavilion and Brighton Sea Life Centre. When considering Brighton hotels for your next short break, family getaway, business meeting or indeed perhaps a Brighton wedding venue make the Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront your hotel of choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.