I arrived at the HI Southampton at 11:00 after a long drive from home. Tired and just wanting some quick and courteous service I was met with the most disinterested, dishevelled and disaffected receptionist it has ever been my displeasure to meet. His appearance matched his behaviour perfectly: stained and over-used shirt, grey at the cuffs and down the placket. Grubby tie which looked as if it had spent most of its time in the bottom of a locker. The greeting was minimal and pathetic, not an ounce of friendliness. The business of registering was over in a minute or so and I was given my room card with the words "609". That was it. I had booked a double non-smoking and was shocked to discover room 609 is a twin smoker. Returning to the same pathetic looking individual who had checked me in; his only response in the 4 minutes i stood there waiting for another room key was "huh", nothing else - no apology, nothing.
The rooms here are very average, the service on check-in was simply the worst I have ever experienced. My advice - get this individual some customer service training or get rid. He does nothing for the brand of HI and would be better suited working in an environment where he can look at his customer with a blank stare uttering the monotone phrase "computer says no" - in this he would be role-model.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Southampton Hotel
- Holiday Inn Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Southampton is situated in the heart of Southampton City Centre, with views over the waterfront and close to the M3 and M27 motorwaysThe Holiday Inn Southampton is located next to all Major Cruise Terminals making it the prime hotel for your Pre Cruise Stay. A pre cruise package rate is available which includes Breakfast, Car Parking and Transfer to the TerminalDuring your stay you can take advantage of West Quay Shopping Centre, day trips to the Isle of Wight, New Forest, and Paulton's ParkThe Holiday Inn Southampton is host to the PSP Southampton Boat Show. The hotel is centred in the heart of the show ground making it the ideal location to stay. Package rates available direct at the hotel.The hotel consists of 130 en-suite, air conditioned bedrooms with high speed Internet access, Spirit Health Club, Conference Centre, Restaurant, Bar and LoungeOur facilities also include 24 hour Room Service and free use for our residents to the Spirit Health Club which includes an indoor swimming pool, gym and sauna.The Holiday Inn Southampton has 5 Meeting Rooms and can accommodate up to 180 delegates, ideal for meetings and all special occassions. All rooms have air conditioning, wireless Internet access and all day tea and Starbucks coffeeAccessible & Family Rooms available. Kids Stay & Eat Free(Terms and Conditions Apply) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Holiday Inn Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.