On entrance, the reception was disappointing, the receptionist didnt even say hello, she was tucked behind a high desk and you can't see her. Not very friendly or helpful either. Really hope they improve this training for staff as it lets the hotel down. We stayed in their best room, room 302 which is featured on their website. We stayed on a busy saturday night. Being on the third floor we couldn't hear the bar music luckily as I was thinking we might after reading some of the other reviews. I couldn't hear it at all but my husband said the bass noise was very light. Perfect location, right in the centre where you can either dine in the hotels restaurant as we did or go elsewhere walking distance. The hotel restaurant was really good. The food was very nice, especially the starter! Very tasty. The room itself was good, the bed was comfy, it was clean. It was spacious and relaxing. They could make some small improvements like the mirror on the table needs tightening up to stop it falling forward, the walls need repainting, just some small but effective things really. The breakfast was only included if you had cereal, fruit salad or crossiant. The cooked breakfast you had to pay for. Bit of a shame. Overall we had a lovely evening, there are things they could improve to make it a really good experience. Hope they read this and do so...
- Also Known As:
- Hertford House Hotel Hertford
- Hertford House Hotel
- Hertford House Hertfordshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hertford House is the culmination of nearly two decades of our family-owned and run hospitality business in Hertford. Like many residents in Hertford we have pride in our county town and this typifies our approach to every aspect of running Hertford House Hotel, Elberts and The Chop House – pride.Located in the heart of this charming market town, we aim to provide a touch of eclectic yet dependable luxury for those looking for somewhere to dance, eat or sleep (or all three).Originally home to the local newspaper, our 19th Century Grade 2 Listed building was tastefully and sympathetically converted to retain the grandeur of the original architecture and the work was commended with a Civic Society Award in 2007.We boast 22 light, modern and airy bespoke bedrooms, House Bar complete with Back Yard, The Chop House restaurant and, of course, the famous Elberts bar in the lower ground floor.Run with passion, heart and soul; we at Hertford House want your visit to be the best possible – whether it’s your first, or fiftieth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hertford House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.