Every year on our respective birthdays, my husband and I book a surprise venue for each other, making sure that the venue has some special meaning to us. So for my birthday on 29 April my husband booked us into the Lodge for the weekend (It was the Cathedral that was the attraction)and I only found out at Victoria Station as we were leaving London on Friday 27 April. Every aspect of our stay was wonderful, from the friendly reception at the beginning, the wondeful dinner & champagne at Abode's the quiet thrill of ringing the doorbell after the Cathedral gates had closed for the evening and being let in and of course the beautiful, beautiful Cathedral itself. Even the awful weather did not put us off, we still managed to wander around the cobbled streets and enjoy the sites. It was a perfect birthday in every way.
- Also Known As:
- Canterbury Cathedral Hotel Canterbury
- Canterbury Cathedral Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within the grounds of the magnificent Canterbury Cathedral you’ll find the perfect retreat. The best located accommodation in the City - rooms are in a private courtyard and provide stunning views of Canterbury Cathedral, which guests also enjoy free entry to. You will receive a dedicated, friendly service in a setting that’s peaceful, secure and relaxing. It’s the ideal base to explore Canterbury’s picturesque, cobbled streets and visit the City’s excellent eateries and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Canterbury Cathedral Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.