My family and I stayed here on Sunday 12th August, as we travelled on a mini break - and we wanted to visit the Deep.
Finding the hotel was so easy, off the A63 left left here. Initial concerns about where the hotel was, it seemed very run down - juxtaposed with the newness of the hotel. We initially parked in a car park to the left of the hotel.
As always, we check in first then sort the bags! So we headed into the building, and into a pleasant entrance hall with 2 lifts. Up the lift to the 7th floor to Reception, we were immediately greeted by a bright entrance and some very friendly staff, who made our 2 girls really feel welcome. Our room was on the 9th floor, so back in the lift - swipe the room card and hit the 9th button - a welcome security feature so nobody without a room key can access the bedroom floors.
The room was bright, very cool (air con on full when we arrived) and typical clean standard of PI. Our view was a bit drab, but we didn't come to Hull for the views :P
Quick change and back to the 7th floor for dinner. At this point I asked about the car park. as I didnt like where my car was - it seemed run down, and exposed. So I asked reception and we could park next to the hotel on the ground floor of the multi, so I moved the motor PDQ. Felt much better immediately! For anyone coming here, if you come in from Citadel Way, go to the bottom of the street, turn right and right again for the car park - its much better!
Dinner was very nice, and the staff were again very pleasant and friendly with the kids.
Breakfast in the morning was usual PI standard, with a nice table view overlooking the Deep where we were headed.
Really enjoyed our stay here, and we got the room for £45 B&B which cannot be touched.
The only negative is the area, it does seem in want of a better word, "ropey". We noticed quite a few squatters in the area around the hotel - tents on a waste site, mattress in some bushes. Not something the hotel can do much about, nor did it impact our stay - something to be aware of is all. It wouldn't deter us from staying here again.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hull City Centre Premier Inn is a new build, open since 1st July 2009. Has fantastic views of the Humber Estury, Humber Bridge and surrounding City. Only a 2 minute walk from The Deep - Hulls biggest attraction and one of the UKs largest submarians. Conveniently located a short walk from Hull Marina, local theares and Museums with easy reach to the main shopping centres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Hull City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.