A very nice house in a good location to explore lake Windermere. Rooms are good size and very clean. Bed was not very comfortable. Good breakfast served on polished plates. Atmosphere could be improved by reducing number of signs, telling you what to do and what not to do. We felt a bit like staying in a museum ....
- Also Known As:
- West Vale County Hotel
- West Vale County Ambleside
- West Vale Country House Ambleside, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the heart of the Lake District National Park on the edge of the village of Far Sawrey you will find West Vale Country House an idyillic small retreat where you can escape and leave your cares behind This stunning location overlooks Grizedale Forest The Old Man of Coniston and the surrounding area is a pot-pourri of cultural historical and architectural gems as Beatrix Potters Cottage Brantwood Holker Hall Dove Cottage and Levens Hall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Freetobook so you can book your West Vale Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.