Whilst not the most straight forward place to find once we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by Polly who showed us our room, the lounge and restaurant area. We had a delightful walk around the village calling in at the local church which was built around the 12th century. Arriving back at the hotel we were served with afternoon tea in front of a log fire which made us feel very cosy and warm.
The meal at night was excellent and from a good choice of menu if not extensive, accompanied by a delightful bottle of red wine. I hasten to add we were also served complimentary canapes and apperatif.
The bedroom was a four poster which we had never slept in before. the breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked and again the choice of what you wanted was quite varied,
If you wish to experience an intimate night away somewhere off the beaten track in a friendly run establishment this place is to be highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Winder Hall Country House Hotel
- Winder Hall Country House Hotel Cockermouth
- Winder Hall Country House Cockermouth, Cumbria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Jacobean manor house, now an informal family-run hotel and restaurant with a passion for individual and attentive service. Fresh, local, home-grown and organic food inspire the seasonal menus. This hotel is complete with thoughtful extras including a hot-tub and sauna in the gardens overlooking the river-meadow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Winder Hall Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.