Just dropped in by chance. As it was off season plenty of rooms available. Comfortable and adequate.
The Hotel was in its heyday in the 1920's but still offers a good accomodation as the rooms updated. The decor in the resuarant and bar is period but fits well.
Food good value and the breakfast offers a wide choice very well cooked.
As with anywhere in Coniston the walls are full of Campbell/Bluebird photos.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Inn Coniston Hotel Coniston
- Crown Inn Coniston Hotel
- Crown Hotel Coniston
- Crown Inn Coniston Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Description for Crown Hotel, Coniston - Twelve comfortable ensuite bedrooms offering 24hr reception and daily housekeeping.The Crown Hotel Coniston situated in the heart of the English Lake District surrounded by some of the worlds finest scenery. The Lake district is ideal for all outdoor interests such as walking, fishing, sailing, and mountain biking, or at a slower pace you can enjoy visiting Brantwood (John Ruskins home), Hilltop home of Beatrix Potter, The Ruskin Museum, or take a trip aboard the steam yacht Gondola. A warm Lakeland welcome to the Crown Hotel situated in the center of Coniston village. Offering fine ales, good food and superb hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Crown Inn Coniston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.