Just returned today from a short break in Cumbria. This B&B Hotel deserves praise for its staff, brilliant breakfasts and overall willingness to accommodate guests' every need. We were greeted by Nick, the proprietor, who, despite us arriving a full two hours before check in time, was able to allow us access to our room (which was clean, comfortable and well equipped with all manners of toiletries, snacks and the usual tea/coffee facilities) so we could enjoy the majority of our arrival day. Complimentary tea/coffee was served to us in the residents' lounge together with a tasty morsel of cake before we began our short walk into Windermere centre (5 mins max!). If you are looking for a convenient location, attention to your needs and all at a reasonable cost, then look no further than The Ravensworth. Yes, you can pay more and get all the expected little touches, but you would not get Nick and Cheryl. They, and their staff, make this place worth the visit. We will stay again.
- Also Known As:
- The Ravensworth Hotel Windermere
- The Ravensworth Hotel
- The Ravensworth Windermere, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ravensworth is a traditional Lakeland guest house with plenty of character offering a warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere. Only a few minutes walk from the centre of Windermere village and railway station, very close to shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Queensborough Group and Priceline so you can book your The Ravensworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.