Stayed here for a two night stay; the hotel is much better than other Holiday Inns I have subsequently been in.
We ate breakfast on both mornings which was good, but the room was more impressive than other HI's. Two double beds was excellent as I was sharing with a colleague, as opposed to two standard beds.
The bathroom is a standard (small) hotel bathroom, which is a shame. But staff were friendly and courteous. There are only 8 floors, so not too long to wait on a lift. And we also used a meeting room on the first floor which was clean and spacious.
A downside of this hotel (chain) is the lack of actual sustainability initiatives. They put a green sticker on light switches and a notice behind the room door asks you to "turn off anything with a green sticker". Surely most people turn off everything when they leave anyway? Motion sensors on lights would be a better investment than stickers!
The hotel is within walking distance to Leicester centre, and has an NCP right next door. We ate at an event in the dining suite which was excellent. Wifi isn't included in room rates which is a shame
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel
- Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Leicester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Leicester Leicestershire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn hotel in Leicester is located in the centre of this up & coming City in the heart of England. With good road links from M1/M69 and A50. The hotel is minutes from Leicester train station. This City Centre hotel is ideally placed for the historic, cultural, sporting and tourist attractions such as the Leicester Tigers Rugby Club, Leicester City Football Club, Highcross Shopping Centre, De Montfort Concert Hall, National Space Centre, Conkers, Twycross Zoo, De Montfort University and Leicester University. See our packages page for further details on our fantastic family Stay, Play & Explore packageOur 188 guests rooms including Executive, Accessible, Family rooms & 2 Long Stay Suites meet both the needs of the leisure and corporate traveller with High-Speed internet access and 'Kids Stay & Eat Free*'. The unique Restaurant & Bar, & the 'Spirit' Leisure Club, with swimming pool, enhance Holiday Inn Leicesters' hotel's facilities. There is limited evening dining in the Vermont Restaurant throughout December. Please contact hotel for more information. *Terms & Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.